Tuesday, May 17, 2005

U2 and Joshua Tree

I still haven't found what I'm looking for

The famous song inspired by an introspective Bono in response to his unsettled questions about religion. A Byu philosophy Proffesor, Mr. Wrathall, asserts that U2 has gone through several stages of faith which can be charted through their music. While U2 began as a Christian rock band, on their epic 1987 album The Joshua Tree they began to sincerely question whether that otherworldly faith could fully complete a person. In their hit "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," Bono wrote that "[Christ] broke the bonds and [he] loosed the chains/ Carried the cross of my shame . . . you know I believe it / But I still haven't found what I'm looking for." This doubt about the ultimate satisfaction of pure spiritual devotion led U2 to conclude that they were missing something essential by ignoring their passionate side, Wrathall says. http://byunews.byu.edu/archive05-Mar-wrathall.aspx

I heard it once said that SUCCESS for MEN is finding your WORTHINESS, WORK, WIFE and in loving all three. These are what I am looking for. . and to paraphrase GI JOE ... "knowing what you are looking for is half the battle."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home